Old Norse-Icelandic Literature: A Short Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature)
Super Savings Item! Save 33% on the Old Norse-Icelandic Literature: A Short Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature) by Brand: Wiley-Blackwell at Charles Freeland Poetry. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. From runic inscriptions to sagas, this book introduces readers to the colourful world of Old Norse-Icelandic literature. An introduction to the
- An introduction to the colourful world of Old Norse-Icelandic literature.
- Covers mythology and family sagas, as well as less well-known areas, such as oral story-telling, Eddaic verse and skaldic verse.
- An introduction helps readers to appreciate the language and culture of the first settlers in Iceland.
- Looks at the reception of Old-Norse-Icelandic literature over the ages, as views of the vikings have changed.
- Shows how a whole range of authors from Shakespeare to Seamus Heaney have been influenced by Old Norse-Icelandic literature.
|Item Weight:||1.14 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 9.3 x 9.3 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.15 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.98 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches|